Easy ways to keep your rug looking beautiful, rug cleaning Winchester and Hampshire
Whilst rugs have practical uses such as reducing echoes, adding warmth to the room and adding comfort, they can also be considered works of art used to decorate your home. It is important to keep your rug as clean as possible to keep it looking it’s best and reducing the chances of damage, Birmingham Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning have came up with some great tips to keep your rug looking great:
Here’s what you can do to care for your precious rugs.
- Precisely follow the manufacturer’s instructions on how to care for the rug .
- Frequently vacuum the rug. Go over the entire surface, the back, and the floor beneath it. Use a low setting so that the rug won’t be unnecessarily pulled and the fringes won’t get caught.
- To ensure that all grime and dust are removed, you can bring the rug outdoors and shake off the dirt.
- Avoid using commercial cleaning solutions and chemicals, especially strong ones.
- Get professional carpet and rug cleaners to regularly give your rug a deep clean, using the correct cleaning method for your particular rug.
- Although rugs generally do not fade easily, continual exposure to strong sunlight can weaken the quality and colour of your rug over time. Keep them away from direct sunlight or use coverings on your windows like drapes or blinds.
- The rug will eventually show some wear so turn your rug every few months to make the wear patterns equal on all sides.
- Straighten out folds, curls or ripples as these can cause premature wear.
- Rug pads or cushions are recommended to protect the rug from the floor. They also make the rug feel more comfortable and help prevent the rug from slipping and sliding.
- When storing the rug, wrap it with protective plastic, keep it in a clean, dry area and away from the floor.
- Treating stains, any method you use to remove stains depends on the type of stain. Pre-test the cleaning solution first on an inconspicuous area of the rug. If you want to avoid risking your rug, it would be better to consult professional cleaners immediately after accidents or spills.
- Faithfully follow these tips and your beautiful rug will stand the test of time. one of our many services include Rug Cleaning Birmingham